Dave Hall Consulting logo

YUI Editor + IMCE for Drupal 6

Update: This has now been included in the 6.x-2.33 release of Drupal's YUI Editor module and I have added support for YUI 2.6.

Earlier today I finished off another Drupal based site. The client was pretty happy with it. Once they launch I will probably post a link.

The client came back to me and asked how they could insert images using the RTE. Based on some positive reviews I used the YUI Editor module this time around, instead of FCKEditor or tinyMCE for the rich text editor. The YUI Editor module doesn't support file browsing. I tried to see if someone had already hacked something together for this, if they had I couldn't find it.

In the past I have used the IMCE module for image browsing and uploading in FCKEditor or tinyMCE. Adding IMCE support to the YUI Editor module seemed like the fastest solution.

So here it is - the IMCE based image browser plugin for YUI Editor on Drupal 6.

Here is a quick howto. Install the YUI Editor and IMCE modules into your Drupal 6 install. Save the plugin tarball into your modules directory above the YUI Editor module and extract it. You should now have 2 extra files yui_editor/plugins called img_browser.inc and img_browser.js

Feel free to leave comments about how well this works for you. Enjoy!

Great work!

Clint Eagar wrote:

Hey thanks for this, I just installed the YUI Editor and your plugin and it works great!

Added Fri, 2008-10-24 11:00

Yup. Thanks a lot. Work

Yup. Thanks a lot. Work fantastic.

Added Fri, 2008-10-31 05:00

Did I miss something?

I put your 2 files into the /yui_editor/plugins directory, checked the "Image Browser" in the YUI Editor profile settings .... no sucess!

Added Thu, 2008-11-06 22:08

RE: Did I miss something?

Dave wrote:

What version of Drupal are you using? Is IMCE installed and configured properly?

Added Fri, 2008-11-07 09:03

Not working on a different install.

Clint Eagar wrote:

D6.6 IMCE 6.1.1 YUI Editor 6.2.31 YUI 6.1.1-beta3

Added Sat, 2008-11-15 08:57

Not working

Steph wrote:

I installed those two files into the YUI_editor>plugins folder. I now get nothing showing up in my plugins.

I am running: D6.5 IMCE6.1.1 YUI Editor 6.2.31 YUI 6.x-1.1-beta3

Please help! It would be extremely appreciated!

Added Fri, 2008-11-21 11:37

Re: Not working

Dave wrote:

According to the YUI Editor 6.x-2.32 release notes, 6.x-2.31 had some bugs with plugins. I have just tested with YUI Editor 6.x-2.32, YUI 6.x-1.1rc1 and IMCE 6.x-1.1, and it works as advertised.

I have some tight deadlines with client projects atm so I am not able to run up installs with various version combinations. I will periodically update to newer versions and make sure that the plugin still works. If I need to update the plugin, I will post an update here.

Added Sat, 2008-11-22 20:28

YUI editor with IMCE

Ross Merriam wrote:

Hi there, I've downloaded and installed the YUI editor and the IMCE and I can upload images and the editor works all well and good, but when I upload images that are larger than the max that i've set in the imce they don't scale down to the max image size. can you offer any help? I'm using the most current versions of drupal 6, yui editor, and Icme

thanks,

Added Thu, 2009-01-29 14:48

Page not found...

I'm getting a 404 now when I try to download the module (just in case you weren't aware).

Added Mon, 2010-08-02 23:41